- There are no words to describe the sweet details of the warmest bienvenida I have ever received. Damn. This place just brings you all the love.
- I feel very comfortable coming back into the front of the classroom & am ready for things to get rollin' with my new classes....even if my students look at me like I have gone bat-shit crazy.
- The excitement I have for all the shenanigans to occur this year [with the new vol family & with the Center familias] is unreal!
- The smiles on the students & families that I grew very close to last year will forever be etched into my memory - such beauties.
- Richard, my "son" had probably the best smile I have ever seen. We both looked like idiots, I am sure, but neither of us could wipe 'em off. Although he pretended he didn't care that I was back, the ginormous hug he gave me told me otherwise. It was perfect.
- My 4 adult education students were in class tonight, and all found out that they had passed to talleres which is where they start classes learning a trade. I am beyond proud of all of them, but the two women I had grown closest with have impressed me so very much:
- María - a strong-willed woman who had some attitude to boot will now be in costura [she will be learning to be a seamstress; something she had only dreamed about when she was younger]
- Norma - a true gem, who would do absolutely anything for her family, no matter what it takes. There was a point last year where her marriage was not in a good place & we tried to work things out, and eventually the situation was resolved due to her perseverance & commitment to her family. Norma worked very hard & ended up being placed in promociones de salud which is a nursing program of sorts. This is the most advanced taller and very few people achieve this. I could not be more proud of her accomplishments, and needless to say I bawled like a baby when she told me the news.
- To go along with that, my emotions are still on the loco train & I get teary-eyed and/or cry at just about anything that happens...
- Have I mentioned the smiles of everyone....TOO DAMN CUTE!
This is what I have for y'all thus far, and I cannot wait to share more of my experiences with you as the year progresses. Wish me luck!
PS - if you would be so kind as to check out my fundraising website. *Please keep in mind that any amount is greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias!