Saturday, September 8, 2012

I guess it's time for a change...?

So, on Wednesday we found out that we will be getting new schedules.  There were supposedly new govermental rules for the educational systems in Ecuador, but it was found that the CMT didn't actually need to follow them because we are like our own little entity...I was a little worried, because I was just starting to get into a groove, but I am SO very pleased that I will not have to wake up to a 5:47AM alarm :)

Here is my new and improved "horario":

MONDAY:

  • 8-11AM 
    • Special Education [I will be working 1-on-1 with a young boy named Christopher] 
  • 2-3PM
    • Level 2 Girls English [I believe my same class that I had last week]
  • 3-4PM
    • Baños/Club de Lectura [same as before; helping girls read at their appropriate level]
  • 4-5PM
    • Girls Work [same group :) and we are starting our headbands on Monday - YIPEEEE!]
  • 6:45-7:45PM 
    • Adult Education [which doesn't start until next week]
TUESDAY:
  • 8-11AM 
    • Special Education
  • 11-12PM
    • Level 2 Boys English [a totally new class!]
  • 2-3PM 
    • 3rd Grade Art Class [co-teaching with Lea. PRAISE!]
  • 3-4PM
    • 4th Grade Art Class [again, with Lea]
  • 5-6PM
    • Level 2 Boys English [a different class than in the morning]
  • 6:45-7:45PM 
    • Adult Education
WEDNESDAY:
  • 8-11AM 
    • Special Education 
  • 2-3PM
    • Level 2 Girls English
  • 3-4PM
    • Baños/Club de Lectura 
  • 4-5PM
    • Girls Work 
  • 6:45-7:45PM 
    • Adult Education 
THURSDAY:
  • 8-11AM 
    • Special Education
  • 11-12PM
    • Level 2 Boys English 
  • 2-3PM 
    • 2nd Grade Informatica [computer class - teaching them things on Word and so on]
  • 3-4PM
    • 3rd Grade Informatica 
  • 4-5PM
    • 4th Grade Informatica
  • 5-6PM
    • Level 2 Boys English
  • 6:45-7:45PM 
    • Adult Education
FRIDAY:
  • 8-11AM
    • Special Education
  • 11-12PM
    • Level 2 Boys English
  • 2-3PM
    • Level 2 Girls English
  • 3-4PM
    • Baños/Club de Lectura
  • 4-5PM
    • Girls Work
  • 5-6PM
    • Level 2 Boys English
  • 6:45-7:45
    • Adult Education
Yep. That's the new schedule --- some major changes, but:

a) not as early as a start every morning because I don't have to catch the bus at 7AM

b) NO FREAKING GYM CLASS!!! Although my 4th graders weren't bad at all and we had a lot of fun playing freeze tag, my 5th graders were pieces of work.  Needless to say I made most of the class run for one thing or another. Oi vey! 

c) I'm excited to be working 1-on-1 with Christopher and hopefully I'll be able to help him out in some little way [like learning the colors!] :) 

I am a bit nervous to start on Monday, because it will be like a brand new "First Day of School", but so many new experiences to be had!!!

Just wanted to update y'all with the new changes happening down on the equator  -- much love, xoxox 



No comments:

Post a Comment